GDPR, HELPING ORGANISATIONS TO COMPLY
Your General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) journey…
…our methodology for the GDPR is also another abbreviation using GDPR:
G – “govern”… at a Board level, put GDPR on the agenda before it becomes the agenda!
D – “discover”… your friendly crew start with your Readiness Review that looks at where your organisation is currently on the flight-path to GDPR compliance
P – “plan”… the Report from the Readiness Review highlights your organisation’s Action Plan to get you compliant, complete with helpful milestones leading up to 25 May 2018 (or you can wing it)
R – “remediate”… we offer a range of on-board services to support your Action Plan:
- Briefings for Board execs, through to fun online GDPR Awareness training for all staff, GDPR Practitioner courses for your internal privacy champions, as well as GDPR Professional DPO courses for absent-minded in-house legal counsel
- Data and Purpose Remediation to define all that stuff that you process
- Legal Grounds Review to sort the wheat from the chaf, i.e. all those fake-news Press fellas that insist you need ‘consent’
- Data Subject Rights Remediation to prepare you for requests from fussy individuals
- Notification Remediation to get your comms right, especially for those pesky suppliers (oh, yeh, we also review your contract T&Cs)
- DPO_as_a_service to fly you through your end-to-end journey to GDPR compliance and beyond
- Neat accelerator tools to fast-track your organisation through security without the need to re-invent the wheel, including our various partners’ patented technologies
- Other unique matters from our duty free that organisations will need, for example, to be compliant with the ‘right to data portability’
In essence, our crew is entirely focussed on privacy, which today means GDPR. Seasoned professionals, we are very experienced across many countries, industries and business functions, from 1-man (or woman) bands to medium and large organisations in the private and public sectors, we won’t turn you down, because we know how important your business affairs are to you.
Watch the GDPR Webinar – September 2017
GDPR, HELPING ORGANISTIONS TO COMPLY
Sandy is a GDPR-certified professional, with 25 years experience of information governance, privacy, data protection, and security policies. He acts as the Data Protection Officer for numerous Accountants, conducting audits and delivering remediation changes to assist firms and their clients to comply with GDPR. Sandy has recently been featured in Business Leader magazine as one of the country’s foremost experts on GDPR.
EMMS, GILMORE LIBERSON
We provide training to all levels of a business, from the ground up. GDPR makes data protection a priority for all levels of business and it is the responsibility of a business to make sure that its employees and people working within it are aware of GDPR and how it applies to their job. Training can include:
- Boardroom training – education to the board of the business giving a clear explanation of GDPR and what your business should do to be compliant with GDPR, including who should be responsible for monitoring and enforcing compliance, breach reporting and, if necessary, the appointment of a data protection officer;
- Management training – training for your management team so they understand your business’ GDPR processes and procedures including, most importantly, why the business has those processes and procedures and the management team’s role in respect of GDPR; and
- Sales force and marketing team training – As it is your sales and marketing teams that will be on the coal face of GDPR compliance, this training will be more specific as to what the team members can and cannot do with the data and practical guidance on ensuring their actions are compliant and conducted in accordance with the law and the business’ policies and procedures, including lines of reporting and what to do in the event of an actual or suspected breach and/or complaint.
We also provide business-wide refresher and induction training ensuring that all staff are kept up to date in respect of GDPR and new staff are fully versed in your business’ procedures and policies in respect of GDPR.
As experts in data protection law we can assist you in respect of any data protection query you may have, in particular:
- Assisting in the production of internal policies and procedures for the handling of personal data;
- Assisting in the completion of data audits to help you better understand where you data is, what data you hold and for what purpose it was obtained, amongst other things;
- Auditing your supply chain contracts to ensure your suppliers are handling your data in a secure and compliant manner;
- Updating customer contracts and terms and conditions to reflect current laws and best practice in respect of data security and protection;
- Helping you accurately and efficiently deal with subject access requests in accordance with the law;
- Advising you on what to do in the event of a suspected data protection breach, including assisting in communications with the Information Commissioner’s Office; and
- Supporting and, if necessary, defending you in the event of an investigation or prosecution by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Emms Gilmore Liberson provide training to all levels of a business, from the ground up. GDPR makes data protection a priority for all levels of business and it is the responsibility of a business to make sure that its employees and people working within it are aware of GDPR and how it applies to their job. As experts in data protection law they can assist you in respect of any data protection query you may have.