No firm can successfully move forward at this time without taking a day or two out of the work environment to establish their own future strategy. Strategic planning, incorporating the personal objectives of the key players within an accounting firm, has proven to be a critical success factor.
International CPD for accountants – Key topics:
A review of the industry both globally and nationally, and locally:
- The technology review implications for client proposition
- A pricing review of the client proposition
- A separation of services to clients between compliance and non-compliance
- A recognition of the type of client that is ideal for the firm with a corollary discussion of what happens to clients that are no longer appropriate, or ideal clients for the firm looking forward.
The team members are as important as the client situation so strategic discussion may well orientate around the team:
- How do we attract the right type of person for the client proposition that we have established
- What age profile should we be reviewing to look at succession
- A review of outsourcing and/or offshoring may become an integral part of the business moving forward.
Success assures succession:
- The key goal of management is to ensure its own succession
- Profitability, sustainable profitability is an attractive proposition for successors and the strategy of the firm would include the long term success of the firm through succession planning.
Join Gordon Gilchrist on the 11th December at 12 noon for this one-hour webinar.
See more > Setting your strategy for 2021