Acting for Charities CPD Webinar 2019
Already a member?Login Now
Register your account here.
The revised GAAP should have been applied to all Charities registered in England and Wales for at least year.
However, reviews by the Charity Commission and monitoring units highlight accounting and external scrutiny issues which are being overlooked. In addition to these matters, the Commission investigations continue to indicate abuse of charity assets and financial mismanagement. There is also the matter that some charities do not file their annual report and financial statements within the required timescales.
In this webinar we will review recent changes in company law and the practical application of UK GAAP and the impact on incorporated and unincorporated charities. We will also review the requirements for external scrutiny and the responsibilities of independent examiners.
This webinar will address matters from the perspective of small and medium sized charities. It will include the following:
- Developments in Charities legislation and other pronouncements
- Developments in respect of the SORP and application to charities
- Independent examination
- Current issues and topics arising from the application of the SORP
- Smaller charities
- Charitable companies and common FAQs arising
- Charity Commission guidance and comment on issues relating to the preparation of charity accounts
- Accounting matters raised as part of cold file reviews
- SORP FRS 102 specifics
- Trustee management issues
Partners and staff involved in the preparation of accounts and audit of charities, trustees and accounting staff within charities.
Included with 2020 Membership
£75 + VAT