IFRS16 - leases, the change in accounting and impact on business strategies
Already a member?Login Now
Register your account here.
Leasing assets remains a flexible source of financing for many entities. IFRS 16 Leases significantly changes the way lessees will account for leases with effect from 1 January 2019. It introduces a new lease definition which results in a right-of-use asset and corresponding lease liability being recognised on the balance sheet for nearly all leases. After attending this webinar you will be able to apply the new lease definition and the new accounting treatment for identified leases and understand the impact on key performance measures and financial ratios.
Key content includes:
- Applying the new lease definition and separating lease and non-lease components
- The accounting treatment for right-of-use assets and the corresponding lease liability
- Determining the lease term, considering if reasonably certain to exercise any option to extend or terminate early
- The two optional exceptions; low value items and short-term leases
- The impact on the Balance Sheet and the Profit or Loss, key performance measures and consideration of any wider impacts, e.g. covenants.
Included with 2020 Membership
£75 + VAT